Chapatis have been a very popular breakfast and dinner choice in Indian Households. The ease of making Chapatis and its high nutritional value makes it a highly recommended dish especially for little ones. Chapatis are often had with a side dish and mommies have been experimenting with a lot of variations to impress the picky eaters at home.
Here is a recipe of cheesy chapati rolls that everyone is going to love…..
1. Surabhi Atta – 1 cup
2. Oil – 2 tsp
1. Boiled & Mashed Potato – 1 ½ cups
2. Green Chillies (finely chopped) – 2 tsp
3. Green Peas (boiled & coarsely crushed) – 1 cup
4. Oil – 1 tbsp
5. Grated Cheese – 6 tbsp
6. Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
7. Ginger paste – ½ tsp
8. Finely Chopped Onions – ½ Cup
9. Garam Masala – 1 tsp
10. Chaat Masala – 2 tsp
11. Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
12. Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
13. Salt – to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients mentioned for Chapati in a large bowl. Add little water gradually and make it a soft dough. To make soft chapatis, use hot water for kneading the dough. Let the dough sit for sometime.
2. Now divide it into small balls. With this atta quantity you can make up to 8 balls.
3. Roll out the dough into thin circles
4. Cook the chapati on a non-stick tava till both the sides become light brown. Follow the same method to make all the chapatis and keep them aside.
1. Add oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the cumin seeds.
2. Once the seeds crackle and release a beautiful aroma, add in the ginger paste, onions, green chillies and cook for a minute till the raw smell goes away.
3. Now blend in the potatoes, chaat masala, garam masala, green peas, coriander, lemon juice, salt and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to prevent the mixture from sticking into the pan bottom.
Making the Rolls
1. Take one chapati and spread the filling evenly on the chapati and then sprinkle the cheese all over it.
2. Now gently roll it up. The Cheese inside the chapati is going to keep the roll in place without letting it open up.
3. Repeat the method for making all rolls of the remaining chapatis.
4. Serve immediately with tomato sauce or chutney.
Often the quality of the ingredients used makes or breaks a dish; so to get soft and yummy chapatis you need to use the best atta for chapati. Surabhi Atta is milled from the best quality wheat grains under hygienic conditions. Surabhi Atta is high in protein content and lets you make very soft and amazingly delicious chapatis. Try making the cheesy chapati rolls with Surabhi Atta and you will know why it is the best atta for chapati.